September 29, 2010

Cheating Robinhood

Last night I watched Dabangg, which means fearless. But not in the theatre near me...it was a high-quality pirated copy of the movie, straight off the reel. Boohoo to me.
I couldn't help myself though. Firstly, I love Salman Khan for the macho-man that he is. He is all beef and no show of brains, which is all I demand from an masala flick.
After watching the promos of the movie in India, I was further convinced that this was just the kind of entertainment my numbed mind was craving. Unfortunately, no city within a 100 miles of my home was playing the movie. So finally the evil deed was committed; the movie was downloaded over the weekend, and I insisted on watching everything - right from the promo trailer of Golmaal 3, which is due for a Diwali release upto the complete credits had run out, which is where I discovered that the old man in Munni Badnaam Hui is called Honey Chhaya.
Although I can make no pledge of never watching a pirated copy of super-hit movies like this, on this occassion I will donate the ticket, popcorn and Icee money to Salman's Be Human foundation.

No comments: